The Merrie Monarch Festival is pleased to provide details on the sale of our 2022 Wednesday night Hōʻike tickets. We normally present our world class line-up of dance performances free to the public, but in consideration of the long lines that event goers usually encounter on Wednesday, and health concerns related to COVID-19, we have decided to sell tickets this year. Individuals will be able to purchase hōʻike tickets in-person at the Afook-Chinen Civic Auditorium (323 Manono St., Hilo, HI 96720) beginning on March 15th. Office hours that day are 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Normal weekday office hours are 8:30 am – 12:30 pm. Here is further information related to the hōʻike ticket sales:
• 1 person can purchase a maximum of 10 tickets.
• Ticket Cost: $5.00/Ticket Cash only, no credit cards or checks.
• No reservations, tickets are sold first-come-first served.
• All sales final.
• Proof of vaccination and ID are required to enter the stadium. We are not accepting negative test results.
• Masks are required at all times in the stadium, except when eating and drinking.
• People are seated in groups of 2.
• There is a 3 foot buffer between the groups of seated individuals.